Soccer has an ancient history in old and most loved games around the world while retaining the popularity till now. Soccer has been a sport played by all ages and watched in stadiums as well.
The best and reliable soccer ball is one of the main accessories of a soccer game. FIFA fever recently brought more and more people to visit sports shops to purchase soccer balls for practicing and playing on the ground. Ever since soccer balls have been created, it has been a trend to transform to better ones from time to time by famous brand around the market.
Soccer balls were developed by stuffing some material to give it a fluffy look in ancient times but now it has been mostly made with leather material to prevent it from drowning by different brands. These brands have brought in novelty for enhancing look and décor of soccer balls.
Indoor soccer is also very popular in the United States especially due to cold and snowy weather conditions during winter months.
Table Of Contents
1- Soccer’ as a Part of American Culture
2- What to Know in Selecting the Right Ball?
3- Top 10 Best Soccer Balls in 2019
i) Adidas Glider Soccer Ball
ii) Adidas Men’s Barricade Club Tennis Shoe
iii) Adidas Performance Starlancer V Soccer Ball
iv) Adidas Capitano Soccer Ball
v) American Challenge Brasilia Soccer Ball
vi) Mikasa Serious Soccer Ball
vii) Under Armour DESAFIO 395 Soccer Ball
viii) Adidas Top Training Soccer Ball
ix) The Perfect Soccer Soccer Ball Size 5
x) Select Numero 10 Sz 5 NFHS (EA)
4- Best Guide for Soccer Ball
Soccer As a Part Of American Culture
Soccer plays an important role in the American game culture. Soccer game in the U.S holds an integral part of American culture. More than 13 million Americans play soccer in the United States that makes it the third most-played team sport. Soccer fans and professional players are more than willing to spend on their favorite sport. A good player needs to be blessed by gifted skills, natural abilities, and intelligence to become a top-class soccer star. The majority of the world’s elite players possess these abilities to go beyond the expectations of their fans by reacting accordingly to the ground.
What To Know In Selecting The Right Ball?
Choosing a perfect soccer ball can be sometimes really overwhelming for people due to the same look of ball. So, you may be wondering what are the best options for soccer balls to buy in 2019?
It is not just simple to pick out any ball without going into research as there are thousands of options on the market for different purposes. We have made it easy for you to take guidance from our detailed review without the hassle of searching on your own.
A lot of options for soccer balls are available with having various styles, materials, sizes, and qualities. So let’s take a peak for selecting a perfect option of soccer ball that suits your needs!
Top 10 Best Soccer Balls In 2019
Here is the detail pick for the 10 best soccer balls available in 2019, in terms of value for money. We have accessed the durability, feel when playing, and the overall quality of each ball review.
1- Adidas Glider Soccer Ball
The Adidas Glider Soccer ball has durability with ideally developing the player’s skills. The TPU cover is machine stitched that can handle almost every surface quite well while the rubber bladder provides a soft touch on the ball. This ball is designed to maintain the shape without compromising the firmness and consistency of the butyl bladder. The ball has standard panel design and these machine-stitched panels offer a great experience for most of the players. Overall, this ball will prove great consistency whether to use it for the practice ball or as a game ball.
|Synthetic material||Model: Adidas|
|Butyl rubber bladder||Weight: 1Pound|
|Machine stitched TPU cover||Color: Ice Blue/Shock Yellow/Tactile Orange|
|Available in different colors||Size: 3/4/5|
2- Wilson Traditional Soccer Ball
Wilson Traditional Soccer Ball continues the legacy of the traditional game by enhancing the feeling of a soccer game with more enthusiasm. The Wilson soccer ball has a specialty to give a traditional look and design of the pentagon panels in black and white. The ball weight is good enough for accurate crossing and passing drills. This ball ensures to provide the best synthetic leather make while keeping the resistant to water and other adverse situations
This ball is one of the best options for new players as well as professional players due to the availability of multiple sizes in traditional designs.
|Synthetic Leather||Model: Wilson|
|Butyl rubber bladder||Weight: 1Pound|
|Pentagon panel graphics with silver accents||Color: White/Green|
|Official ball of NCAA Sports Championships||Size: 3/4/5|
|Proper Inflation Level: 8 to 10 PSI|
3- Adidas Performance Starlancer V Soccer Ball
The Adidas Performance Starlancer V soccer ball is a crafter of a nylon-wound/TPC carcass. This ball is great to hold strong against extended match play with a soft touch for precision passing. The butyl bladder offers optimal air retention for consistent performance on the ground while keeping the shape through regulation. The machine-stitched construction provides good durability for normal passing, crossing and shooting drills. Adidas Starlancer soccer ball allows being played by any age as it comes in multiple sizes.
|Key Features||Key Features|
|Machine-stitched construction||Model: Adidas|
|Butyl bladder||Weight: 1Pound|
|Nylon-wound TPU cover||Color: White/pink/Blue/Green|
|High contrasting graphic||Size: 3/4/5|
|Multile sizes available|
4- Adidas Capitano Soccer Ball
The Adidas Capitano Soccer ball displays a version of the famous star panel design. It is great for casual games and scrimmages. This ball’s hard-wearing TPU cover is machine stitched that provides great durability. The butyl rubber bladder offers a soft touch with an increased response for improved control. The graphics and color designs are eye-catching with multiple sizes. You would love the overall experience of this amazing piece from the Adidas soccer product range.
|Butyl bladder||Model: Adidas|
|TPU machine stitched construction||Weight: 1Pound|
|Star panel design||Color: Multiple|
|Bold patterns and graphics||Size: 3/4/5|
|Multiple colors available|
5- American Challenge Brasilia Soccer Ball
American Challenge is a brand that you can trust as it is holding the market since 1973. It is dominant with a range of products in sports. American Challenge Brasilia soccer ball is one of its fine collection of soccer balls that you can trust. This soccer ball is made of 100% fiber material that proves durability as well. It is lined with TPU material on the outer side to prevent abrasion and lasts long for a game. The hybrid SR-bladder has the ability to hold air from two to four weeks. It is designed with soft shiny outer casing material that is machine-stitched with 32 panels. It got the special backing material with 2 layers of poly-cotton lining. This ball is good for grass fields non-professional all-ages game.
|TPU exterior material||2 layers of poly/cotton lining|
|100% Fiber made||Weight: 1 Pound|
|Hybrid SR bladder||Color: Blueberry/Lemon/Lime/Orange/RB|
|Machine stitched with 32 panels||Size: 2/3/4/5|
|2 layers of poly/cotton lining|
6- Mikasa Serious Soccer Ball
Mikasa is known for its good quality sports products for a while especially when it comes to the best quality soccer balls. Mikasa high-performance Serious Soccer series is equally famous and recognized among professional players as well as youngsters. This ball has added a feature of soft, synthetic leather while offering the butyl bladder for maximum air retention at the same time.
Any player can be fascinated by the color combinations as well to select from a wide color combination.
|Cover made with synthetic leather material||Model: Mikasa|
|Butyl bladder||Weight: 14.7oz|
|Light bladder weight||Color: White/Green/Red/Purple/Black|
|Varsity series||Size: 3/4/5|
|Available in 5 different styles|
7- Under Armour Desafio 395 Soccer Ball
The Under Armour Desafio 395 Soccer Ball is a fabulous and amazing addition for anyone looking for a high-performing soccer ball for either training or matches. This ball feels a little heavy to the touch though but it doesn’t actually feel that way on the foot. This is a great ball and makes it possible for a player to practice all handling skills and standard soccer drills. It is available in all sizes by offering unique design options as well.
This ball provides an opportunity for players to understand how a ball moves in different situations with authentic rebounds. The Under Armour Desafio 395 soccer ball is a perfect soccer ball that allows players to learn the game at a deeper level.
|UA TOUCHSKIN technology||Model: Under Armour|
|EVA foam for exceptional softness||Weight: 1Pound|
|2-layer cloth construction||Color: White/Green/Teal/Camo/Lemon|
|Butyl bladder with 2-ply carcass||Size: 3/4/5|
8- Adidas Top Training Soccer Ball
The Adidas top training soccer ball is absolutely gorgeous. This ball is made with Polyurethane material with special TPU exterior material that is good enough to resist abrasion.
The butyl bladder holds the quality to improve air retention when you need to stay for extended periods of practice and play. This ball has passed all the tests and standards of FIFA for weight, circumference, rebound and water absorption. It comes in multiple sizes with an amazing range of color collections.
The Adidas Champion’s League Top Training Soccer Ball is one of the best value products of today’s market. This could be the soccer ball you use for years to come for its durable and long-lasting promise.
|Special TPU exterior material||Model: Adidas|
|Made with Polyurethane||Weight: 1Pound|
|Butyl bladder||Color: Multiple Colors|
|FIFA certified||Size: 4/5|
|Thermally bonded seams and water resistant|
9- The Perfect Soccer Ball Size 5
The Perfect Soccer Trainer ball is new to the market and offers great value for the price. This ball is perfect for soccer matches and also up to the highest level of the game. This is a great soccer ball for training and practicing your soccer skills. It is machine-stitched that ensures soft touch and high durability. The ball is constructed from PVC with a PU coating to provide great durability as well as a soft touch. This 32-panel soccer ball is stitched in fair trade conditions and fulfills all the requirements of official FIFA weight specifications.
So it is really a Perfect Soccer ball for those looking to buy an affordable and reliable piece with long term durability.
Let’s grab your PERFECT soccer ball today!
|Made from PVC with a PU coating||Model: Perfect Soccer|
|Wound bladder lining||Weight: 1.5 Pounds|
|Synthetic leather||Color: White/Black|
|Butyl bladder||Size: 5|
10- Select Numero 10 Sz 5 NFHS (EA)
The Select Numero 10 is an optimal performing soccer ball that has been around for long due to its best quality touch and the strength of the material. It is also approved by NCAA and NFHS. You will not find any soccer ball better than this durable and long-lasting piece that is guaranteed to make you happy in all features. This ball is specially made with FPUS 1500 synthetic leather while the cover is hand-sewn with zero-wing bladder to provide an optimal bounce.
|Made with FPUS 1500 synthetic leather||Model: Select|
|1.5mm hand-sewn PU cover||Weight: 1Pound|
|Zero-wing latex bladder||Color: Orange/White/Pink/Black/Blue|
|Available in 8 colors||Size: 5|
|NCAA and NFHS approved|
Best Guide For Soccer Ball
There are several different types of soccer balls that are available in today’s market. Each of these soccer balls carries some unique features that are important for a player to know. You’ll find plenty of information in this guide that leads you to select the right option before you get into something not right for your needs.
Types Of Balls
- Turf Balls are specially designed for artificial surfaces that mimic grass.
- Training Balls are designed for virtually any field. They are designed for basic skill development to use by players at any level.
- Match Balls cost more than turf or training balls for having a superior level of quality. The outer casing is either leather or synthetic that will typically be water-resistant as well.
- Premium Match Balls are the most expensive soccer balls because they are FIFA-approved balls to meet all of the standards for international play. Every professional league uses a ball of this quality for gameplay.
- Indoor Soccer Balls are designed to be used for indoor soccer games and designed to have less bounce for better control on tighter court or field. The felt cover of these balls is like the cover of a tennis ball.
- Futsal Balls are made for futsal matches and they are slightly smaller than all other types of the soccer ball. These are made for hard surfaces and hard play.
There are also other various types of soccer balls such as miniature soccer balls, beach soccer balls, and futsal balls if you’re looking for the best soccer balls to meet your needs.
Different Sizes Of A Soccer Ball
There are three major sizes that follow universal metrics for determining the size of a soccer ball.
- Size 3 is dedicated to the youngest soccer players under the age of 8.
- Size 4 is used by younger players between the age of 8 and 12.
- Size 5 is the standard size that is used by adults and young players above the age of 12. This size is used by professional soccer players all over the world.
Features Of The BEST SOCCER BALL
You need to know the different elements for choosing the soccer ball. We’ll be discussing important features like the material used in a soccer ball, types of bladder and various other facts regarding selecting the right soccer ball.
The Cover is the exterior part of the ball mainly responsible for the feel and durability of a ball. There are three types of material used by manufacturers for producing covers of soccer balls.
- Synthetic leather is the most expensive type of material used in premium balls. It provides great control and softness but not as durable as the other types of material.
- Polyurethane (PU) is commonly used in training balls and it’s known for providing higher durability as compared to synthetic leather.
- PolyVinyl Carbonate (PVC) is a highly durable material but this material makes the ball difficult to control. It is also the cheapest type of material.
The Bladder is the first layer of a ball that contains the air which makes it responsible for the shape and movement of the ball. It has two types.
- Latex/Rubber is used in high-quality balls because it provides a better bounce for the ball. However, it lacks in holding the air for a long period of time
- Butyl provides less overall playability than latex but it is great for providing better air retention.
Panels refer to the different segments in the outside covering of a soccer ball. Most of the balls are equipped with 32 panels covers but there are types of balls that have 18 or 26 panels. Generally, fewer panels balls can be easily curved in kicks while more panels can usually provide more control over the ball.
The most commonly known panels are put together in three different ways:
- Stitched panels are usually hand-stitched to provide better durability. Other balls can be machine-stitched which is good but not as durable as hand-stitched balls.
- Glued panels are used in low-quality balls so it is not a good idea to go for these types of balls.
- Thermally molded panels have proved to provide excellent durability that’s definitely similar to stitched balls in many ways.
Linings are the layers between the cover and the bladder either composed of polyester or have been laminated together to provide the ball maximum strength and bounce. The ball won’t lose its shape or bounce with more layers of lining.
Pricing Points For The Best Soccer Balls
When it comes to developing your personal skills then you need to know that a good training ball is typically ranging in between $20-$30 range. Match quality balls normally ranging higher than $30. Premium-quality match balls are ranging from $100 and up.
You need to be aware of knowing multiple things such as glossy surface, polyurethane cover and natural latex bladder for providing good quality and performance in your game. You also need to check air pressures regularly to maintain the integrity of any soccer ball.
Best Care For Your Soccer Ball
A soccer ball can last for a long time when you properly cared for it on a regular basis even if the ball is used frequently, you can still get multiple seasons out of a well-maintained ball.
- Soccer ball proper care begins with maintaining an ideal inflation level that is normally between 9-10.5 pounds of air for most of the balls. There should be a manufacturer’s recommendation on the ball, next to the inflation valve so you won’t get lost in finding the right amount of inflation level.
- Regularly cleaning a soccer ball can be a time-consuming chore but it will extend the life of the ball’s cover. A ball can pick up dirt and debris on any pitch that impacts the panels and stitching with every rotation. So you need to make sure to clean your soccer ball thoroughly after you have finished using it and then allow it to dry for the best possible results.
- Changes in temperature are another factor that affects the inflation level of the soccer ball. Extreme heat or extreme cold can easily alter the shape of the bladder by affecting the integrity of the soccer ball. It can also happen when you just leave a ball in your trunk or the back of a van on a hot Summer’s day. So avoid leaving it at extreme temperatures that will increase the life of your soccer ball.
- In youth soccer, kids tend to use the soccer ball as a chair. You can educate them to discourage this practice because the added weight that is placed on the ball can alter its shape very quickly.
We mentioned some of the best soccer balls in the article above that is good for youth or at some level of matches. If you are buying a soccer ball for a short period, light use, practice or training at home then it is better to buy some above suggested cheaper soccer ball. But, if you need it for extensive training, plays or international matches then look for a durable choice.